• Cast iron (Enameled on the inside)
• 4.41" x 4.41" x 5.91" w/lip x 3.11" ht (11.2cm x 11.2cm x 15cm w/lip x 7.9cm ht)
• Capacity: 18 fl oz / 530 ml
• Weight: 2.73 lbs
• Comes with a strainer
• Made in Japan
Nanbu Tetsubin or cast iron teapots will keep tea hotter for longer because cast iron conducts heat efficiently and distributes heat evenly. These teapots are also durable and wear resistant, so you will not have to worry about replacing them for many years. Japan is the second largest producer of cast iron and these teapots are of high quality.
All our cast Iron Teapots are made in Japan and are lead-free.
• Before using, rinse the inside with water, then bring to a boil and rinse again.
• Use a teapot mat when you put the teapot with the boiling water on the table. Without a mat, this may causes the table top get burnt due to the heat of the pot.
• Wash with a soft sponge. Do not use detergent, cleanser or steel sponge to wash it as this may cause more rust. Just rinse the inside with water. Dry out the inside of the pot before storing it.