Sold Out $139.00
Nanbu Tetsubin or cast iron teapots will keep tea hotter for longer because cast iron conducts heat efficiently and distributes heat evenly. These teapots are also durable and wear resistant, so you will not have to worry about replacing them for many years. Japan is the second largest producer of cast iron and these teapots are of high quality.
Boiling water with cast iron teapots helps remove chlorine and gives the water a milder taste.
All our cast Iron Teapots are made in Japan and are lead-free.
• Cast iron (Not enameled on the inside, so the boiling water will contain iron)
• 6.65" dia x 7.6" w/lip x 4.53" ht (16.9cm dia x 19.3cm w/lip x 11.5cm ht)
• Capacity: 40 fl oz / 1180 ml
• Weight: 3.92 lbs
• Made in Japan
• Before using, rinse the inside with water, then bring to a boil and rinse again. Repeat a couple of times.
• When boiling water, slightly slide the lid to the side to let the steam vent out.
• Please do not keep the water inside the pot in order to prevent rusting.
• Wash with a soft sponge. Do not use detergent, cleanser or steel sponge to wash it as this may cause more rust. Just rinse the inside with water. Dry out the inside of the pot before storing it.
• To remove interior rust, add water and tea leaves to the pot, boil and rinse.