This noodle bowl is typically used for serving noodle dishes such as ramen, soba and udon but can also be used for salads and hearty soups.
Melamine products are a popular choice for busy restaurants when a highly durable, lightweight, well-insulated material is desired. Traditional clay-fired dishes are beautiful, to be sure. However, clay bowls will absorb and transfer the heat of whatever is contained within more quickly which can cause the food to lose its heat faster. Not only is melamine a better insulator, so the food stays warmer for longer, but it is also highly durable meaning it can withstand physical and thermal shocks that clay may not.
Fine dimples have been created in the surface of these bowls in order to replicate the look and feel of a traditional porcelain dish.
• Material : Melamine Plastic
• Size : 8.7" dia x 4.1" ht (22cm dia x 10.5cm ht)
• Capacity: 1,680 ml / 57 fl oz
• Weight : 0.91 lbs
• Dishwasher Safe
• Temperature resistance: 248°F / 120°C
• Made in Japan
• Dishwasher safe but should be placed on upper racks to avoid heat source to prevent deformations.
• Washing by hand with soft pads or bristles using gentle detergent is recommended.
• Avoid low quality dishwashing detergent when pre-soaking.
• Avoid using scrub pads, steel wool and strong chemicals like bleach and industrial detergents.