Donabe literally means "clay pot" and is an essential piece of cookware in Japanese homes. With a glazed interior and porous exterior, these casseroles are typically used for tabletop cooking on a portable gas stove. Especially during colder seasons, friends and family will gather around the donabe to enjoy a warming meal. They are used for nabe (Japanese hotpot), which combines a variety of meat, seafood, vegetables, tofu and other ingredients in a broth. But they can also be used to cook rice or any one pot meal.
• Material: Ceramic
• Capacity: 77 fl oz / 2300 ml (9 Go)
• Ideal for 4-5 persons
• Dimensions: 9.125" inside dia (10.5" outside dia),
• Pot height 3.5" (5.75" with lid)
• Made in Japan
To protect your hot pot, seasoning is required before first use.
Seasoning seals the porous ceramic hot pot. You must follow one instruction below to season before using. Either is fine.
1. Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of cooked rice to your hot pot ( more or less in the same proportion, depending on the size of your pot). Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the rice turns into a thick and creamy porridge, then allow the rice to cool to room temperature. Remove the rice, wipe the inside clean.
2. Fill your hot pot with the water from the first wash of Japanese rice ( that is very milky, cloudy water). Bring it to a boil, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. When the liquid cools to room temperature, discard the rice water, wipe the inside clean.
Now your hot pot is ready!
1. Make sure that the exterior is completely dry before placing over fire
2. Don't heat the pot when it is empty (always have liquid in the pot)
3. Cool down the pot completely before running cold water over it
4. It's best not to use detergent to wash the pot but if you do, use a minimal amount
5. Don't leave the pot soaking in water for more than a couple of hours
Don't touch a heated pot with your bare hands, use a towel or pot holders
Collections: Buta Shabu Nabe - Pork Shabu Shabu Hot Pot, Coupon, Donabe Pots & Other Pots, Hot Tofu (Yudofu), Kitchen & Table, Kitchen > Cookware, Nabe Hot Pot Products, Tabletop > Cookware, Tabletop Items, WeChat Promotion - Hot Pot & Gift Items