$96.00 – Sold Out
The Soft Cutting Board (Manaita) cushions and absorbs the blows of your knife, thus preserving your blade's sharpness. (Unlike typical synthetic boards.) so it is recommended for delicate cuttings (sushi, sashimi). It comes with a wood core built-in; boosts lots of benefits below.
Material: Elastomer (Soft plastic surface (5mm)), Broadleaf Tree (Wood-core (10mm)), Polyethylene (Side protective plastic)
Dimensions: 17.3" x 11.4" x 0.8" ht (44cm x 29cm x 2cm ht)
Weight: 3.7 lbs / 1.7 kg
Made in Japan
• Blade Friendly: "pull and slice" is the usual way to use a knife in Japanese cuisine, so the edge of knives will get chipped easily when used with a hard cutting board. However, this cutting board gives you the standard of blade friendliness same as a wooden cutting board.
• It's Sturdy: Wood core prevents warping and bending from long-term use and high-temp washing. It is always stable, dishwasher safe, and shows enough rigidity when in bridging.
• Light Weight: Wood core reduces weight by 30% compared to other solid plastic cutting boards. That makes handling so easy that the burden of washing heavy cutting boards can be reduced. Also, it can avoid serious injuries due to unexpected dropping.
Wood core structure, 30% reduced weight, rigid, but the blade-friendly cutting board.
➜ View Good to Know about Hasegawa Wood Core
• The wood-core of HASEGAWA's cutting board is sterilized and covered with thick plastic layers fully and completely. Therefore wood won't be exposed except for unusual rough handling.
• This board is SIAA certified, which is one of the highest sanitation standards awarded in Japan. Antibacterial surfaces in compliance with SIAA standards have been tested to exhibit 1% of the bacterial growth versus untreated surfaces.
The soft materials that are used for both surfaces make the cutting board so blade-friendly that prolong the edge sharpness. Also, grippy surfaces prevent ingredients from moving when cutting, and allow more delicate cuts!!
• Because of the soft surface technology, be sure to rinse the board often to avoid stains from setting in.
• Dishwasher and bleach safe.
• Do not use or store at temperatures over 194°F (90°C) or below -22°F (-30°C).
• Warping and deformation may occur when weight is applied over a long period at a high temperature. If that happens, heat the board to about 176°F (80°C), place it on a flat surface, place something heavy on top and let it cool.
• Please do not place recently deep-fried food directly onto the board after frying. At scalding hot temperatures, the material will absorb oil and grease causing the board to discolor or stain.