Material: Polyethylene (Hard plastic surface (5mm)), Broadleaf Tree (Wood-core (10–15mm)), Polyethylene (Side protective plastic)
• [Size 00] 19.7" x 9.8" x 0.8" ht (50cm x 25cm x 2cm ht) : SKU#81940 (FSB-20 5025)
• [Size 0] 19.7" x 11.8" x 0.8" ht (50cm x 30cm x 2cm ht) : SKU# 87635
• [Size 1] 23.6" x 11.8" x 0.8" ht (60cm x 30cm x 2cm ht) : SKU# 87639 (FSB20-6030)
• [Size 2] 31.5" x 13.8" x 1.0" ht (80cm x 35cm x 2.5cm ht) : SKU# 18180 (FSB25-8035)
Made in Japan
The PE (Polyethylene) Cutting Board (Brown) comes with a harder surface than our Soft Cutting Board. While the latter is recommended for delicate cuttings (sushi, sashimi) in mind, the former takes on your general tasks like vegetables, meats and fish (except for hard chopping) and will resist staining and deep gouging from rougher work better.
There are many types of polyethylene and each has different molecular weight and hardness that creates various physical characteristics. Most cheap PEs uses single material, but the PE Hasegawa used is a blend of three PEs. This improves the ideal hardness, hygienic properties, durability, etc. Besides that, the antibacterial agents are also blended. The antibacterial agent used for Hasegawa's cutting boards is recognized by Japan Antibacterial products association.
• It's Sturdy : Wood core prevents warping and bending from long-term use and high-temp washing. It is always stable, dish-washer safe, and shows enough rigidity when in bridging.
• Light Weight : Wood core reduces weight by 30% compared to other solid plastic cutting boards. That makes handling so easy that burden of washing heavy cutting boards can be reduced. Also it can avoid serious injuries due to unexpected dropping. Wood core structure, 30% reduced weight, rigid, but blade friendly cutting board.
➜ View Good to Know about Hasegawa Wood Core
The wood-core of HASEGAWA's cutting board (Manaita) is sterilized and covered with thick plastic layers fully and completely. Therefore wood won't be exposed except for unusual rough handling.
This board is SIAA certified, which is one of the highest sanitation standards awarded in Japan. Antibacterial surfaces in compliance with SIAA standards have been tested to exhibit 1% of the bacterial growth versus untreated surfaces.
The PE (Polyethylene) Cutting Board - Brown, comes with a harder surface than our Soft Cutting Board. While the latter is recommended for delicate cuttings (sushi, sashimi) in mind, the former takes on your general tasks like vegetables, meats and fish (except for hard chopping) and will resist staining and deep gouging from rougher work better.
• Because of the soft surface technology, be sure to rinse the board often to avoid stains from setting in.
• Dishwasher and bleach safe.
• Do not use or store at temperatures over 194°F (90°C) or below -22°F (-30°C).
• Warping and deformation may occur when weight is applied over a long period at high temperature. If that happens, heat the board to about 176°F (80°C), place it on a flat surface, place something heavy on top and let it cool.
• Please do not place recently deep fried food directly onto the board after frying. At scalding hot temperatures the material will absorb oil and grease causing the board to discolor or stain.