Banko-yaki is a style of Japanese ceramics that is particularly suitable for retaining heat. The far infrared radiation helps the heat penetrate to the core of each grain of rice, resulting in fluffy, moist and shiny rice.
This rice cooking pot can be used to serve special rice dishes table side for an individual or whole table. Perfect for your new winter menu addition!
• Material: Ceramic
• Dimensions: 8.25" x 9.8" x 6.7" ht (21cm x 25cm x 17cm ht)
• Loading Capacity: 5 Cups (1cup=180ml)
• Total Capacity: 2300ml
• Made in Japan
1. Wash rice and rinse it.
2. Add water (Rice 1 cup (180cc) with Water 200cc (+-))
3. Place it on an open flame heat source like Gas stove top
4. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium to high and cook for 15 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and leave it with a lid for 10-20 minutes.
6. Ready to eat!
1. Please make sure the bottom of the pot is dry before procedure.
2. Pour the water to about 70% of the pot then add cooked rice. The cooked rice must be at least 1/5 of the volume of the water. If you are using frozen left-over rice, please make sure the rice is defrosted. Stir well.
3. Close the pot with a lid and cook rice at a low heat over the stove. Once the mixture startes to simmer (approx. after 10 minutes), remove the lid and continue cooking at a low heat until the mixture becomes almost like a paste. (Never let the mixture boil. Stir sometimse to make sure the bottom is not burned.)
4. Turn off the heat and cool down the rice mixture in the pot for acout 1 hour.
5. Remove the rice mixture from the pot. Rinse and dry it.