The Benriner is the highest quality, sharpest mandoline-style slicer you can buy, a standard in professional kitchens. Made in Yamaguchi prefecture of Japan, the stainless steel blades are actually compressed then heat treated, and the sharpening finish is done by hand. This explains the quality of the Benriner blades, which are comparable to knives. This sturdy tool comes with four interchangeable blades that lets you slice, shred, julienne or thread-cut any vegetable. You can easily adjust the thickness of each slice. Also it has a rubberized end-stop to keep it in place on the countertop. With its rubberized end-stop and slot in the bottom, you can use any sized container for this Benriner. The safety guard will help prevent finger injuries. This Benriner #64 is a new version of the Benriner Mandoline.
The main differences between the Benriner (this product) and Benriner #95 are the width of the blade. This Benriner has 2.5" (64mm) width while the Super Benriner has 3.75" (95mm) width.
• Material: Plastic, stainless steel and rubber for Non-Skid Base
• Dimensions: 12.7" x 4.5" x 1.4" ht (32.3cm x 11.4cm x 3.5cm ht)
• Includes: Finger Safety guard, Fine (54 teeth), Medium (25 teeth) and Coarse (10 teeth) julienne blades
• Slice thickness (adjustable): 0.5mm - 5.0mm
• This video can walk you through how to detach the blade.
Fine Julienne Blade for Benriner #64
* Please be aware that not all vegetables can be sliced easily with the julienne attachments. You may want to avoid vegetables such as sweet potato and carrots.
** There are many counterfeit products in the market that look exactly like Benriner Mandolines. Those with a product name "Japanese Mandoline" are not real Benriner Mandolines so please be careful!