This cutting board (Manaita) offers both excellent wood-like texture and sanitary scratch- resistance. It's easy to wash and dries quickly to stay clean.
Considered the finest cutting board available in Japan, it is the standard for top sushi chefs. The board is produced from synthetic rubber that is exceptionally gentle on knives, which helps preserve the blades' sharpness. This dense, flexible material also helps maintains a uniformly smooth surface, absorbing cuts without leaving nicks and marks. The cutting board has a significant impact on knife edge durability, even more so than the food itself.
Use this cutting board as a regular cutting board.
Material: Synthetic Rubber
• (Size 1-Short : SKU# 97403) 23 3/4" x 13" x 3/4" (60cm x 33cm x 2cm) / Weight: 11.02lbs (5kg)
Asahi Soft Rubber Cutting Board (0.25" thick) is available here. (which is used over another hard surface cutting boad)
• Use a scrubber or a crush with a neutral detergent to wash and wipe off the water and dry it. It is effective in preventing mold and darkening. Also bleach is effective for removing stubborn grime. We recommend to use the bleach that contains disinfectant (Use household bleach available in stores).
• Use Cutting Board Scraper to erases tough spots, yellowing, molds, grooves and feathering from the surface of your cutting board.
• Do not use or store at temperatures over 194°F (90°C) or below -22°F (-30°C).
• Do not use a dishwasher or dish dryer.
• Warping and deformation may occur when weight is applied over a long period at high temperature. If that happens, heat the board to about 176°F (80°C), place it on a flat surface, place something heavy on top and let it cool.