Artisan Revere’s sturdy, yet sophisticated American-made 10 oz. drum-dyed skirting leather sheaths aren’t just for show; they protect your knives from drops, are incredibly gentle on edges, and are superb for transportation. Leather sheaths protect your blades better than traditional wood blocks, steel magnets, and kydex. Leather is softer and keeps your edges longer. Our sheaths have a leather welt all along the edge that gently coddles your blade. Extend your knife’s edge and life with a premium leather sheath (saya).
• Material: Leather
• Size: 200mm (7.9")
• Ideal for all Nakiri knives under 200mm (7.9")
• Made in Idaho, USA
• These gorgeous sayas are constructed in Idaho by a second-generation knife and leather making team.
• Our leather comes from Wickett & Craig, a 150-year old Pennsylvania-based tannery.
• The is a heavy-duty leather welt along the cutting edge to ensure safety.
• Our sayas are 100% hand-crafted in the USA, from 100% U.S.-sourced cattle.
• Leather is gentle on blade edges - for knives that stay sharper, longer.
• Superior blade protection.
• Friction holds your blades in place.
• No pin to lose, unlike wooden sayas.
Leather retains moisture, and it is important to only store completely clean and dry knives inside a leather saya. For carbon steel knives, please ensure your knife is not only clean and dry, but also be sure to add a drop of food-grade mineral oil to protect the blade from corrosion. Food-grade mineral oil creates a protective barrier for your knife.