The Benriner is the highest quality, sharpest mandoline-style slicer you can buy, a standard in professional kitchens. Made in Yamaguchi prefecture of Japan, the stainless steel blades are actually compressed then heat treated, and the sharpening finish is done by hand. This explains the quality of the Benriner blades, which are comparable to knives. This sturdy tool has a rubberized end-stop to keep it in place on the countertop. With its rubberized end-stop and slot in the bottom, you can use any sized container for this Benriner. You can easily adjust the thickness of each slice. The safety guard will help prevent finger injuries.
The main differences between Jumbo Benriner #120 (this product) and Benriner #95 are the width of the blade and the controllable depth of the slice. The Jumbo Benriner is adjustable up to a 9mm slice thickness while the Super Benriner is adjustable up to a 5mm slice thickness. The Jumbo Benriner is specialized for slicing large vegetables such as cabbages or is perfect if you want a larger slice surface.
• Material: Plastic, stainless steel and rubber for Non-Skid Base
• Dimensions: 12.8" x 6.3" x 2" ht (32.5cm x 16cm x 5cm ht)
• Includes: Finger Safety guard
• Slice thickness (adjustable): 0.5mm - 9.0mm
• This video can walk you through how to detach the blade.
Flat Blade for Jumbo Benriner #140
* Please be aware that not all vegetables can be sliced easily with the julienne attachments. You may want to avoid vegetables such as sweet potato and carrots.
** There are many counterfeit products in the market that look exactly like Benriner Mandolines. Those with a product name "Japanese Mandoline" are not real Benriner Mandolines so please be careful!